Friday, January 15, 2010

5 year check up


Yesterday I took Karli for her 5 year check up. She is still in the 75% range for height and 50% range for weight. I'm not surprised because some of her 5 year pants are already floods. I refuse to put her in 6 yr old pants, the waist will never fit her. She got a good healthy check up from the Dr. He also couldn't believe that she is READING books now! I can't recall in the last month one time I read to her! There was a book in the room we were in that she read to me while we were waiting and the Dr. said they usually don't see that until 1st or 2nd grade. He said school should be easy for her....I hope so! I prepared her for 1 quick poke for her seasonal flu shot. Which she screamed for, but then I took her for a Slurpee and she said, "It was worth it, it wasn't so bad." I hadn't got her the H1N1 vaccine yet and I totally thought they were going to tell me what a bad mother I was for not vaccinating my kids for it. He actually didn't recommend it at this time because they aren't seeing any cases now. He said if they start to see cases again I can vaccinate them at that time. I was OK with that!

1 comments:

Kim Cervone said...

YAY Karli!!! Let me know when your doc suggests you get it. Mine wants us to do it right away but I don't want to.