This is my first addition to the family blog. Unfortunately, it is posted with great sadness. I took Jager to the vet today. The vet kept him for the day and ran blood tests that came back OK. He
told me that he was going to run chest X-rays. When the results came back, he had very bad news. Jager has lung cancer and there is nothing that can be done for him. We had a very sad evening and tomorrow I have to go to the vets office and say goodbye to my friend. It is truly unfair that he has to go so soon! This Saturday would have only been his eighth birthday. It seems as if it was yesterday that He was my roommate who cried from the cardboard box in the kitchen. I can not get my mind around how it is going to feel to come home to a dogless house day after day.
It is truly amazing how much a part of your life a dog can become. When they coined the phrase man's best friend, they certainly hit the nail on the head. Jager was always happily waiting for my arrival no matter how tough of a day I had. He always greeted me the same. It will be tough to forget how good he has been with the kids. Going through pictures, there are pictures of Jager resting his head on Natalie's car carrier as well as Karli's and Cameron's too. I know that he perched his head to peek in on Emily too. I have not even started to think what Karli's reaction will be. I hope that she will remember him when she is older. In the last few months, Jager took a liking to sleeping in Karli's bed instead of ours. I would like to believe that it was to protect her, but I know better. When we had a bird in our heat ducts, Jager would have crawled into my pillowcase if he could. He was afraid of all of the bumps in the night.
I know that this is especially tough for Laura too. Jager was her first dog. It is not hard to tell from the pictures how much they loved each other. Jager always seemed to fall asleep with his head rested on Laura or at her feet.
It is a very tough thing to say...
differences
15 years ago
8 comments:
We are sorry to hear about Jager. If we can do anything for you, please let us know.
Buch Family
As I type this to you I am crying with you for your loss. I am so sorry to hear about Jager. He was a GREAT dog with all the kids and always brought smiles to our faces too! We love you guys and you all will be in our thoughts and prayers.
We are so sorry to hear about Jager. We know how hard it is to lose such a good companion. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
We are so sorry for your loss. Please know we are praying for you. We love you
ABE
He was my first dog, too! I'm going to miss him. - MOM
sorry to hear about the loss to your family and to our group of friends. We will all miss him! You are in my thoughts. - Jenny
We are so sorry for your loss. You and the family will be in our thoughts and prayers.
You gave him a very heartwarming good-bye, Chris. We can't imagine how hard this is for you guys. Jager was the first really "grown up" responsibility any of us took on. I know he was your first baby. We will all miss him and we pray that you can find peace in knnowing that he is in a better place (as cliche as it sounds right now!) We are thinking about you, Buchies xoxoCervones
Post a Comment