After we picked Karli up from school today, we came home to have lunch. All of a sudden Cameron made an unpleasant sound and I looked over and he was choking! I screamed for Chris and told him what was happeening. I couldn't get those high chair straps off him fast enough. I flipped him over on my knee, one back blow, and out flew a chunk of pineapple. I was in tears, Karli was in tears because she was scared with all of the commotion, but thankfully everything was OK. I told Chris it was a good thing he was home because I felt like I panicked. He made a good point....I did what I was supposed to do. I guess all that health training pays off. I never thought I would be giving my children back blows! Yes, Cameron is doing fine!
differences
15 years ago
4 comments:
Holy geez Laura! I am so proud of you. I am assuming Cameron is fine since you did not state otherwise. I am sure the tears were a NATURAL response..... I would have done the same. When it is personal you always feel like you panic, but it sounds to me like you did it RIGHT....and I am so glad the chunk came out!!!!! Give the kids extra hugs tonight!
Way to go MOM!
SCARY!! I think any mom would panic. What matters is that you didn't freeze. Good job!!
Nice work Laura! Since like it was an awful situation but you handled it well. I'm sure I would have freaked out too!
Post a Comment