One year ago today Cameron was born at St. John Hospital in Detroit at 10:14 pm. He was 8 lbs 11 oz. and 21 3/8 in long.
With Cameron I was 1 week late after my due date as I was with Karli, so they decided to induce me. When I got to the hospital early that morning I was 3 cm dilated, 60% effaced, and -3 station. At 1:45 they started me on oxytocin. I did just fine until they broke my water at 6:02 pm (They were stalling until my Dr. came to the hospital, just cruel.) 7:15 pm I got my epidural, 9:00 pm I was 9 1/2 cm/100%/station 0. I pushed 2 times and was +2 station. This is when things got scary....... Cameron's heartbeat was about 60 BPM for about 4 minutes, they were preparing me for an emergency C-section......His heart beat came back up I pushed 3 times and he was out. The cord was wrapped around his neck, but he was just fine!
I guess you have to re-live that one day a year and look at your child to remind you how worth it, it was!
differences
15 years ago
3 comments:
Remember how rough it was from 6:02pm until 7:15pm when you finally got your epidural. What a trooper you were! HA HA!
Hey, he was almost 9 pounds! Of course it was terrible! I honestly think if I didn't get the epidural I would have passed out from my body going into shock! Thanks god for drugs!
Funny how you kindof forget all of the pain and fear until you look back at your words at the time it happened. They are worth it!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET CAM!!
Post a Comment